MORE PEOPLE IN MORE PLACES MEETING AND BEING CHANGED BY JESUS
“More people in more places meeting and being changed by Jesus.”
That’s more than a slogan on a wall at Crossroads. It’s our mandate. Our marching orders. We believe that Jesus is the hope of the world, and that we (the church) are the vehicle of expressing that hope to the world.
– PASTOR PHIL
One More Crossroads Campus to be the hands, feet and voice of Jesus in a new town.
Goal: $1 Million
One More impoverished place on the planet given access to clean, life-giving water.
One More refugee family supported as they start a new chapter of their lives.
for Children MN
One More vulnerable child who will be safe and cared for in a time of crisis.
Scroll down to learn more
There are over 12,000 people across the river in Hastings who attend no church and have yet to enter into a relationship with Jesus. One person far from God is one too many.
Tim Stanley, former Young Life Director for Hastings has agreed to launch this initiative as the Hastings Campus Pastor. We have also been provided with an incredible opportunity to house the new campus in the Crossroads Shopping Center on the south side of Hastings. Located in a high-traffic corridor, this site offers us 16,000+ square feet to make a difference in the Hastings community.
- Projected Opening: Fall of 2017
- Estimated Renovation/Equipment Costs: $1 Million
- Projected Impact: Thousands of Changed Lives
The Democratic Republic of Congo is listed as one of the “neediest countries in the world.” In the city of Gemena, located in the Northwest Region of the DRC, clean drinking water still remains an urgent need. In a city of about 350,000 people, only 18% have access to clean drinking water. Lack of clean water leads to prolonged illness, chronic malnutrition and death.
We are continuing our partnership with Covenant Kids Congo and World Vision to bring about a brighter future for our brothers and sisters in Gemena. For more information about this unique partnership, visit: www.CovenantKidsCongo.org.
- Projected Crossroads Contribution: $75,000
- Projected Impact: Expand clean water access in Gemena to about 6,000 more Congolese children and adults.
The refugee crisis is the worst humanitarian crisis since WWII. 21.7 million refugees have fled their home countries, while another 45 million have been displaced within their own country. Many of these refugees find their way to our home state of Minnesota.
Today, there are more refugees in Minnesota per capita than in any other state. After a thorough and lengthy government vetting process, Arrive Ministries steps in to guide and welcome refugee families as they navigate their new environment. Arrive Ministries has already resettled more than 10,000 refugees in the Twin Cities. For more information about this unique partnership, visit: www.ArriveMinistries.org.
- Projected Crossroads Contribution: $75,000
- Projected Impact: Fund a two-year position at Arrive Ministries to increase their capacity to mobilize and train churches to serve refugee families.
3,500 children are homeless every night in Minnesota. Every seven seconds a call is placed to child welfare reporting a concern that a child is being harmed or neglected. And sadly, over 70% of those calls are never investigated.
Safe Families seeks to reach families in crisis before a child is hurt and a family is torn apart. Through partnership with host families, Safe Families connects the children of parents in stress with people who feel called to open their hearts and homes until the family can reunite. For more information about this unique partnership, visit: www.safefamiliesmn.org.
- Projected Crossroads Contribution: $50,000
- Projected Impact: Approve and train 104 new host families for the Safe Families program.
I’M READY TO GIVE 1% MORE FOR THE SAKE OF ONE MORE
After prayerful consideration, I/We will financially participate in the 18-month One More Campaign.
As we seek to reach one more, we know you may have some questions. Below you can read more about our journey so far, our thoughts, and our process. If you have more questions email us at OneMore@crossroadschurch.cc.
Is my pledge amount in addition to my regular giving to Crossroads Church?
- Yes. Just raise it by 1%. If you are already giving 2%, raise it to 3%. If you are giving 10%, raise it to 11%. If you are not presently giving, start with 1%.
This seems like a different approach to a normal “campaign.” Has anyone ever done anything like this before?
- As much as we would like to take credit for this idea, the “better together” campaign approach is all throughout the Bible.
- When Moses was getting ready to build the Tabernacle (God’s temporary house), He presented the project and “the whole community of Israel left Moses and returned to their tents. All whose hearts were stirred and spirits were moved came and brought…all the materials needed for the Tabernacle” (Exodus 35:20-21).
- You see another example of this sort of collaborative generosity in 2 Chronicles 29 when David oversaw the building of the Temple (God’s permanent house).
- Even after Jesus came and went and left his church on the earth, the followers of Jesus were still banding together to meet the needs of least, lowest, last, and lost around them (see Acts 2:42-47 and 2 Corinthians 8-9).
If I am contributing by check, where do I send my campaign checks to?
- If you are going to mail a check (either personally or through your bank), note One More in the memo line, and please send it to:
5900 Woodbury Dr
Woodbury, MN 55129
If I want to contribute via online giving, do I need to update my giving?
- Yes. If you have your giving set up through the church’s online giving option, just login to your account and update your giving to the new amount that includes the additional 1%.
- If you don’t presently give through our online giving option, click here and you can set it up. It is super-easy. If you have trouble, feel free to ask the closest teenager to help you out or email our Director of Finance – RhondaMcGaver@CrossroadsChurch.cc
Is there a specific fund that I designate my contribution to?
- There is no need to designate the money into a specific fund. Every dollar that is given beyond the congregation approved 2017-2018 annual budget will be paid out to each campaign partner. These resources will be distributed based on the percentage of our commitment to our campaign partners in relationship to the total campaign.
How are you going to track contributions to the One More Campaign?
- Every dollar that is given beyond the congregation approved 2017-2018 annual budget will be paid out to each campaign partner. These resources will be distributed based on the percentage of our commitment to them in relationship to the total campaign.
- For example, every $100 that Crossroads receives in addition to the 2017-2018 annual budget, $5 will go to Safe Families, $7.50 will go Arrive Ministries, $7.50 will go to World Vision, and $80 will go to launch the Hastings Campus.
How much money are you trying to raise during the campaign?
- The focus of this campaign is to increase our capacity to make a difference in this world. So, our goal is not about raising a specific amount of money, but rather reaching 100% Crossroadian participation.
- Of course, our dream total would be around $1,200,000 over the 18 months of this campaign. What that amount would enable us to do is to fully fund all of the One More initatives.
When is the Hastings campus going to launch? I have friends who live in Hastings and I want to invite them to it.
- Here is a tentative timeline for the Hastings Campus:
- April-May – One More Series/Campaign
- June – Construction Begins
- September – Preview Services
- October – Hastings Campus Launch
- There are many moving parts (proposals, permits, unplanned problems) and this timeline could fluctuate by 15-30 days or so. Bottom line: This campus will launch this Fall. Trust us, you won’t want to miss the launch!! We will be making a huge deal of it at every one of our other campuses. In fact, you might even want to check it out yourself once it launches. I think you will be really excited to see how God has orchestrated everything to bring the Crossroads Church-Hastings Campus into existence.
How did you pick the initiatives in the One More Campaign?
- We did not make this decision lightly. We met with dozens of Crossroads staff, volunteers, and members to collect ideas for potential partners.
- Then we started praying, discussing, lobbying, calling and investigating. Rinse and repeat four or five times.
- It took a long time because (1) We wanted to make sure we were getting God’s guidance in this process, and (2) We wanted to make sure the partnerships would be mutually beneficial (we didn’t just want to give the partners ONLY money, we wanted to be able to support them in other ways as well – volunteer, sponsorship, etc.).
- We have sensed God confirming the choice of these specific partners throughout the entire decision-making process and many times since.
- Very popular question amongst Crossroadians across all campuses. The reality is, God opened several doors of opportunity that we felt we couldn’t turn away from. We knew we needed a dynamic person to lead our next campus. Enter Tim Stanley, former Young Life Director for Hastings. His passion to serve the Hastings community, where over 12,000 people do not attend any church, is contagious. We also needed a place to gather. Enter the Crossroads Shopping Center on the south side of Hastings. It’s located in a high-traffic corridor where over 32,000 cars drive by every day. This site offers us 16,651 square feet to do ministry. We could not be more excited about the potential for this Hastings Campus plant.